Spring Spirulina pastas are like normal pastas, just with more protein, vitamins and minerals than your standard pasta because they are enriched with spirulina. They are more filling and satisfying than regular pasta, so less pasta (and less calories) need to be consumed to feel full. They also have less fat, zero cholesterol and are 100% vegan - the perfect guilt-free super pasta.
We keep it simple: 96% durum wheat, 4% dry spirulina, nothing else
Spring Spirulina pasta contains 10g of protein per serving! As well as calcium, iron, potassium, vitamin A, thiamin, riboflavin and zinc!
Our spirulina pasta is an excellent source of iron which reduces tiredness and supports normal cognitive function (helps your brain work!). Our pasta is also a source of protein which helps in tissue building and growth (hello muscles), as well as vitamin A which supports a healthy immune system and normal vision. Vegan friendly, non-GMO and all round super food.
SPRING SPIRULINA FUSILLI
YIELD: Serves 8-10
320 calories per serving
PREP TIME: 45 minutes
• 500g (1 box) Spring Spirulina Fusilli
• 1 medium Italian eggplant cut into 1cm (½”) pieces
• 4 medium cloves of garlic, crushed
• 2 red bell peppers chopped into 1cm (½”) pieces
• 1 large zucchini chopped into 1cm (½”) pieces
• 2 medium onions chopped
• 450g (2 cups) cherry tomatoes cut in half
• 60ml (4 tablespoons) olive oil
• Fresh basil leaves and finely grated Parmesan cheese or Nutritional Yeast (as a vegan option) for topping
1. Heat olive oil in a large pan. Add eggplant. Cook for 5-7 minutes until lightly browned.
2. Add remaining vegetables and cook until tender, 12-15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile 3 quarts water to a boil in a separate 5-quart pot. Season with salt; add Spring Spirulina Fusilli and cook, stirring occasionally. Reserve 180ml of cooking water. Drain.
4. Mix the cooked vegetables with the fusilli and stir in the reserved cooking water. Add salt if desired.
5. Serve in warm bowls and top with Parmesan cheese/ Nutritional Yeast and chopped fresh basil leaves.